The 6th International Conference on NANOstructures and nanomaterials SElf-Assembly (NANOSEA 2016) is pleased to announce the competition:
"When Arts Meet Science"
All NanoSEA 2016 attendees are invited to participate by submitting a computer-assisted or traditional scientific image designed to remind artistic subjects.
- Image: electronic PC/Mac compatible uncompressed form ready for printing (as TIFF, EPS and JPEG formats) with a resolution at least of 600 dpi (or more) and 29,7 x 42 cm size (A3 format).
- Images may be obtained by any material imaging technique. They can also be the result of modeling and simulation, or can be obtained by combining multiple images into one artistic image. Because the focus is on art, the aesthetic rather than scientific quality of the image is the key element in the competition. Nevertheless, the images must have some connection to materials science.
- Maximum two (2) entries per competitor.
- Title: an artistic introduction of the picture (less than 20 words), as reported in the examples.
- Accompanying text: describing the real scientific meaning of the image and the process of image production (less than 100 words).
- Affiliation: Name, Department, e-mail address.
Submission deadlines and general information
A panel of judges will select a winner and a group of the best 20 images from these submissions. The selected images will be notified via email before the 8th April 2016.
The best selected 20 images will be on display in the Exhibit Hall and will published in the abstracts book.
The winner will receive a prize consisting in a free of charge double as a single room (BB basis), from the 8th to the 9th July in the ATAHOTEL NAXOS BEACH Conference Center (http://www.atahotels.it/en/naxos). The winner will be notified via email in before the 20th March 2016 in order to let him plan in advantage his/her permanence.
The second place winner image will be used as a cover for the abstracts book.
The prize and the printed images for the exhibition are founded by the student association EPS Young Minds Catania Section (more information in http://www.epsyoungminds.org).